Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday: Trade With Caution

In his article for the Dallas Morning News on Tuesday, Kevin Sherrington expressed his opinion that the Rangers should keep their prized prospects away from the trade market. As for me, I’d be thrilled if the Rangers make the playoffs, and I wouldn’t mind if they made some acquisitions, just so long as Derek Holland and Neftali Feliz are left alone.

It’s been said that the Rangers need to find a bat to help keep this offense alive. But to me, the offense, despite its recent tribulations, will be fine, because Josh Hamilton should be back in a few weeks. Right now, I think that offense is really missing Josh. No, what the Rangers need is some bullpen help, someone they can depend on consistently. One name that lights up the radar is Joel Zumaya, the coveted Tigers reliever. If the Rangers could bring in Zumaya and get rid of a guy like Guardado, then I would feel much better about this team, because to be frank, I no longer trust ‘Everyday Eddie.’

As for the rotation, it could use an addition, though right now I think it would only help if a major star were brought in, which seems unlikely.

Again, the Rangers should make a trade only if they don’t have to give up Feliz, Holland, and maybe Blake Beavan. As for players I wouldn’t mind seeing go: Kasey Kiker, Michael Main, and Chris Davis.

Note, next week, due to a conflicting schedule, I won't be putting any posts up for HWC.

No comments:

Post a Comment